Thursday 12 June 2008

Talking of adventures...

Last night I definitely had one!!
My housemate, H, woke me at about 2 in the morning as she was feeling unwell and panicky and having trouble breathing. Long story short (I wont embarrass her too much!) we ending up ringing a taxi to take us to A&E.
It was bizarre, I hadn't been there before but she had on a couple of occasions, but it definitely smelt familiar to me. I reckon all hospitals must smell pretty much the same. By this time it was about 4am and i was really sleepy but all I could think about was when I had been in hospital 15 years earlier, for an extended stay. It brought back all the happy memories, not the sad or scary ones, and was quite reassuring really.
She ended up being put on a nebuliser to calm her breathing, which is also a bit of a childhood memory as my sister Debs has been on a nebuliser many times before so I vaguely knew what to expect and could explain it to H who had never experienced it before.
After that she was mostly fine, though very shivery, apparently due to the meds. We got a taxi back home, now in the morning dawn which was confusing, and headed slowly back to bed.
Needless to say, I haven't done much since and my brain is still a bit foggy!!
Now I'm off to a restaurant for chocolate puddings as part of the handing over of the chocolate society commitee. Will attempt to take some fun pictures to show you.
Hope you have a less eventful day then me.
Speak soon
HP :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor helen, lots of love to her. Well done you for being a good friend. hope you enjoyed the chocolate pudding

Pig wot flies said...

Eek. I hope she's feeling better. Good that you were able to be there with her.

K.C. said...

Popping over from another blog. SO glad that you could be there for your housemate. It is so good when people can be there for one another. I really do believe that is the definition of angels.

That is a bit of a deep statement I know. But, I really do believe that is true... So, go ahead and flap your wings... KC